Thursday 20 October 2011

Remove the Backup feature to reduce the sync process in iTunes for Windows?


I love my new iPad and its really awesome working on it but the worst part is when you go through the sync process for iTunes. It takes years for the sync process. I have experienced this thing in iPhone too. I really hate waiting and I don’t care for a backup for my device since its pretty easy to get things again these days. Internet is my largest backup point. I always try to get rid of these backup features in all my gadgets and now I have found one for this too and I am going to share it with you.

I have actually found two methods out of which one is a manual method. So I will share both the methods with you.
MANUAL
Engineers at Apple are very smart because they have embedded the setting for device backup deep down in the system and thus making it very difficult to alter. For this alteration to happen you will require a high grade XML text editor like Notepad++.
Now follow the following steps:-
1.Close the iTunes and create an iTunes preferences backup file in C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\ called iTunesPrefs.xml
2.Now open “C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunesPrefs.xml” in Notepad++ and go to “<key>User Preferences</key>”.
3.Paste the given below code after the “<dict>” node:-
<key>DeviceBackupsDisabled</key>
<data>
dHJ1ZQ==
</data>
Save it and open up iTunes. It will not perform the sync process.
AUTOMATIC
The automatic process is really very simple and for those who don’t like to do the technical stuff.There is a free application available called iPhone /iPod Backup Switch. This application can be used to automatically switch between the backup options.
1.Open the application and run it.
2.Close the iTunes and then disable the backup by clicking on “Disable iPhone Backup in iTunes”.
The problem will be solved


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Web Hosting | Top Hosting